czwartek, 7 czerwca 2018

Book cover


I have a great pleasure to be a host of a current challenge at
Our current theme is "Do judge a book by its cover". 

This time I have altered the cover of an old magazine.


I 've started with carving a ,,window"in the cover.


I made my own papers using the pages from the magazine, acrylic paints, stencils and gelli plate.


Than I collaged my papers onto the cover.


These were the metal parts I wanted to arrange in the window.
The rectangle is an old belt buckle.
T

I highlighted the area with gesso and still not sure if it was a good idea.


I added a few things: some stamping, lettering and outlining with inktense pencils.


Hope you like my project and that I will see you joining our challenge.

vintage journey: stencil it - lots of stencils have been used to print my papers.
scrapkowo: stemplowe-love - użyłam stempli do ozdobienia tła.


http://infoscrapkowo.blogspot.com/2018/06/wyzwanie-30-stemplowe-love.html       Please take this badge if you are joining in our challenges









14 komentarzy:

  1. That's terrific !Absolutely unique created!
    Wonderful!
    Sending you healing wishes! Hope you feel a bit better my freind!
    Hugs, Susi

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. A wonderful book cover Lula.
    I hope you are feeling a little better.
    Yvonne xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. awesome theme and fabulous project Lula - bright and beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Beautiful cover Lula, love the bright oclours and that you've used the magazine pages to decorate the cover. Sue C x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Wow what an amazing design! I love the bright colours and the window with the beautiful metal embellishments 😁. I hope you are feeling much better and wishing you a Happy Weekend! J 😊 x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Świetna praca;) Dziękuję za udział w czerwcowym wyzwaniu scrapkowo.pl

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Such a stunningjournal, I love how you have used stencils, gorgeous colours too!
    Thanks so much for adding it to our Stencil Challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. This is the most amazing transformation _ fabulous! Chrisx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. How clever! I've never seen an altered magazine before! Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Bardzo ciekawa i oryginalna praca! Dziękuję za udział w czerwcowym wyzwaniu na blogu scrapkowo.pl

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Super stamps, fantastic colours, thank you so much to add our challenge scrapkowo.pl

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. fantastyczna praca:)! pozdrawiam cieplo dziekujac za udzial w Stemplowym Wyzwaniu Scrapkowo.pl

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. piękna praca :) Dziękuję za udział w czerwcowym wyzwaniu scrapkowo.pl

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Fabulous cover transformation - so bright, colourful and very cheerful. I love the window and the little pair of glasses is perfect for your theme.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    OdpowiedzUsuń

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING YOUR SWEET COMMENT