piątek, 15 grudnia 2017

Christmas Eve









Let me tell you all I am absolutely delighted and honoured to be
a guest designer today at  A Vintage Journey- such a talented design
team!

For the current theme I have prepared a canvas
named ,,Christmas Eve''. I was inspired by my memories of this very special night when the whole family went to church about midnight to attend the unique Mass. It is one of the most beautiful Polish custom.


I have used a 29,5 cm x 9,5 cm white canvas where I glued the images of Lavinia
stamps cut out from a magazine.
I loved these houses but unfortunately didn't have any of the stamps.
Next step was covering all with clear gesso.




Next lots of colours were added to the canvas: Gelatos, acrylic paints, some inks
and mists.





I have also heat embossed star stamps and did some stamping with white
gesso. The snow was made with very heavy coarse structure paste.

The star is made of a birch-tree and I emphasized its texture by using heat embossing and some glitter.




I am also linking this to:


Challenge 5/2017


14 komentarzy:

  1. Absolutely FANTASTIC Lula! Such a pleasure to see your fantastic art at
    A Vintage Journey!
    Have a great weekend ahead my friend!
    oxo Susi

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I also am Polish. I loved midnight mass but sadly our chuch in America no longer has it. Your creation is beautiful--I love the vibrant blue and all the texture. How wonderful to be in your company as a creative guide. Helene

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Many congratulations on being Guest Designer over at A Vintage Journey! It's such a stunning Christmas Eve canvas, the starry night you created is beautiful! I love the snow with the texture paste too, it makes the houses look 3D 😁. It brings back such happy memories of the midnight masses that I have spent with my family too, thank you! Wishing you a Happy December! J 😊

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. What a wonderful way to use those magazine images, they are beautiful against the fantastic background sky you created. Such a lovely piece. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. beautiful project, love how you used images of the stamps for your project, thanks for sharing your talent with us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Congratulations Lula, this is a fantastic project and a super idea to use the images from the magazine.
    Yvonne xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Congratulations on guest designing with this fabulous creation, so unique and absolutely stunning x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Wow superb stunning work I really love the way u have created this awesome canvas with bright colors I also so glad to know after sharing guest designing post☺

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. What a stunning piece of home decor! I love how you've used the houses, and that beautiful snowy sky to show them off! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at A Vintage Journey as our Guest Designer! Merry Christmas! Sara Emily

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Jaka przepiękna praca!!!!!!!
    Cieplutkich Świąt!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Piękna praca! Dziękujemy za udział w naszym wyzwaniu :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. It's just as it goes in the Carrol: Silent Night... Thank you for participation in TricksArt Challenge :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. What a fabulous canvas - such rich colours and the star looks great with the heat embossing and glitter! Hugs, Chrisx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Stunning canvas. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media Challenge xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING YOUR SWEET COMMENT